Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data wont update on successful refresh

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with datarefreshing. I'm using an Azure DB and on powerbi desktop, the data is updated when I refresh. However, the data is not updating in the browser even though it notes a succesfull refresh.. any ideas why this could be happening? It shouldn't be the gateway..

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you tried re-publishing this report to Power BI Service? Have you tried to log in service with a different web browser?

Besides, please run fiddler to monitor HTTP traffic to see if there existing any problem.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yulgu-msft  Thanks for the reply. 

I re-created the PowerBI report in DirectQuery mode and then published as new report and that seemed to solve the issue. 

Inititally, I created the report in Import mode and then changed it to Direct Query Mode. I did this because there is an option in PowerBI to switch from Import Query Mode to DirectQuery Mode but I do not recommend using it. Upon further investigation, I discovered that while PowerBI gives you the option to switch, it does not actually work as intended.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

For this problem that import connection to Azure DB failed to set up scheduled refresh, I would suggest you create a support ticket for further analysis.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu