Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data sources currently don't support refresh issue on API

I am connecting to api and i am getting an issue: You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because the following data sources currently don't support refresh

I am not sure about what happened since I used an api before and it is not returning this issue. I also setup a scheduled refresh before. 

Here is my code below (App ID and key are parameterized): 

enddate = Date.ToText(Date.AddDays(Date.From(DateTime.FixedLocalNow()),-1), "yyyy-MM-dd"),
url = "https://sampleapi.net/api/metrics/",
query = "/dataTable?startDate=2020-03-01&endDate=" & enddate & "&userText=Text",
Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents(url & AppID & query, [Headers=[#"x-api-key"=AppKey]]))

I tried using variables for other components of the url but it still didn't work. 

I wanna try the relative path but it still wouldn't work, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. 

Comments
smnthdcstr
Frequent Visitor

@v-chuncz-msft i did that but it keeps returning an error. it was my first time doing that so im not sure how to format it on my api url