Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data source errors not indicated on load results splash screen?

I have a 5K row sample sales dataset that I am trying to demonstrate how to detect and handle errors from the data source. 

My issue is, that when I purposley place text in a date column, or in a whole number column, the error will show in Power Query as an "Error". However when I go to close/load that table into Power BI, the loading splash screen displays long enough to show it is processing the data, however right as it finishes, the table shows the green checkmark for a split second, and the splash screen goes away. The result in my Power BI report shows the error fields as blanks.

My question is, why does the load screen dissapear without giving me the results of each table load? Where is the red flag with "3 out of 5000 rows contain errors" Flag? Is this a setting somewhere?

Comments
mwaltercpa
Advocate III

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

As far as I’m concerned, this kind of error displayed in your video is called cell-level error, this kind of error won’t prevent the query from loading, which is explained in the official document of the Power query, you can refer to this:

vrobertqmsft_0-1633921207882.png

For more information, please refer to this link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/dealing-with-errors

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

mwaltercpa
Advocate III

I appreciate the response v-robertq-msft, is it correct to assume that columns that shows individual cell errors will not flag an error in the load screen unless the entire row errors out? My question is, why does the load screen just skip past the final load results, where it would complete the load, then sit on the final results and report how many rows with errors each loaded table has, regardless of if the rows loaded with cell errors or not?

Thanks again,
Mark