Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data source error: The 'xxx' column does not exist in the rowset.

Getting below error message without the name of the table. I have around 100 table in the model and most of them have a description field as a column. Now don't know how to find which table is causing this issue. Refresh all data works fine in Power BI Desktop app. Last time when I encountered this problem, I started deleting tables 1 by 1 and I figured out which table is causing service to fail. Then I refreshed that table manually and published it again and it got fixed. But now again am getting this issue for some other column. I can't delete tables every time to find which table this error is referring to, its very time consuming. It should share the Table name which this column doesn't exist. Database used here is MYSQL. As I have mentioned earlier not sure why BI Desktop doesn't through this error only service starts getting failed for refresh.

Data source error: The 'DESCRIPTION' column does not exist in the rowset.

Cluster URI: WABI-INDIA-WEST-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Activity ID: xxxxxxx

Request ID: xxxxxxx

Time: 2021-08-21 11:07:35Z

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@starsoul 

It seems the column has been removed from the underlying source. Refresh in Power BI Desktop is needed to reflect any metadata changes. After that, you may publish it again.