Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data source error: The module named 'Html' has been disabled in this context..

I have been trying to refresh and schedule the refresh of a dataset in PowerBI Online. I have no issues refreshing using PBI Desktop. The data sources are files on SharePoint and email attachments in an Outlook Exchange account, no gateways. A search led me to this link: https://rohitvangala.wordpress.com/2017/02/02/error-the-exception-was-raised-by-idatareader-interfac... but all of the relationships in my model are text types. I made several changes to data types, filters, ways in which I extract sources, only to get the same result and the error I'm receiving is in no way clear to me.

kperteet_0-1605640763156.png

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @v-chuncz-msft. After digging through some of the sources, it does appear that Web.Page is being used to convert HTML into a table. I'm trying to avoid using a gateway, so I'll try to see if I can work around using that function to parse the data. 

pabeader
Post Patron

Open Power BI Desktop.  Use that to make the initial connection to the WEB data you are trying to refresh.

Once you have a usable table of the data you are trying to use, copy that query.

Open Power BI Report Server version and paste the query into the RS version.

Go into Advanced Editor and make these changes.

Change  Web.BrowserContents  to  Web.Contents

If you are replacing an existing web connection, adjust the following step to be #"Extracted Table From Html" instead of what is currently says.

You will now have a refreshable version of the WEB connection.