Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data source credentials error

Hello, 

When I publish my .pbix file and try to set a scheduled refresh I get the following error message about my data source credietials both of which are PostgresSQL connections. When  I 'edit credentials' it does not work and I get another message "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond" 

Any suggestions??

Error messageError message

Have you tried to use gateway to configure a PostgreSQL as a data source to refresh this report in Power BI Serivce?

vyingjl_0-1642729996187.png

If the credentials could work in this page, you can try to refresh the report and check the refresh history whether it refreshs successfully; if not, you can check the detailed error message on the gateway page.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Have you tried to use gateway to configure a PostgreSQL as a data source to refresh this report in Power BI Serivce?

vyingjl_0-1642729996187.png

If the credentials could work in this page, you can try to refresh the report and check the refresh history whether it refreshs successfully; if not, you can check the detailed error message on the gateway page.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li