Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data select event for Data range slicer

Hello Team,

Trying out in Power BI Embedded Playground, I have noticed that there is no Data event emitted when date range slicer value is selected which is in contrast with other slicer modes which generate an event as soon as a value is selected.

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Kindly raise this issue with the dev team.

Regards,

Prateek Raina

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @prateekraina,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 82848419. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

prateekraina
Memorable Member

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

What is the ETA for the response from Dev team?

Prateek Raina

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @prateekraina,

I got the information below: 

Please, communicate to the customer that this is not a supported scenario. We support data changed event only for data points change. Since date slider changes a range and not a data point we do not support data changed event in this case.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu 

prateekraina
Memorable Member

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Can you please convey to the team that it is not about slider change what I am talking about.
It is about selecting a date in the calendar view offered by this slicer which is exactly same as selecting a dropdown value. So, when selection in Dropdown mode can generate Data change event why cannot selection in Between mode?

Regards,
Prateek Raina