Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Data seems to refresh partially - desktop via

In Power BI desktop, I can import all data correctly using data refresh. When I publish this to Power BI Online it seems that only part of the data is being refreshed. I have created a project-page on which I can view specific projectinfo and I can search for different projects and pull up the data for that project. This works fine for some projects, but other projects do not show the correct data.

I also have a personal gateway installed on a server. The scheduled updates all go wrong and display incorrect data. When looking at the data it looks like certain tables are only partially refreshed.

What can be the cause of this???

"When I publish to power BI online, it looks like the data is refreshed correcly, FOR A MOMENT! After some minutes the data is represented incorrectly again"

Whether you have re-published this report to the same workspace to refresh it or not, if publishes to the same workspace, you can consider delete the dataset in the workspace and try to publish to different workspaces to check it again.

In addition, you can consider providing your test environment like Desktop version, data source type, whethet enable 'include in report refresh' and 'enable load' options for all the tables in the reort etc. about this issue. Any refresh error in Refresh history in Power BI Service which could also be provided.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
robinmaas73

Adding to this:

When I publish to power BI online, it looks like the data is refreshed correcly, FOR A MOMENT! After some minutes the data is represented incorrectly again! I'm very puzzled by this!

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

"When I publish to power BI online, it looks like the data is refreshed correcly, FOR A MOMENT! After some minutes the data is represented incorrectly again"

Whether you have re-published this report to the same workspace to refresh it or not, if publishes to the same workspace, you can consider delete the dataset in the workspace and try to publish to different workspaces to check it again.

In addition, you can consider providing your test environment like Desktop version, data source type, whethet enable 'include in report refresh' and 'enable load' options for all the tables in the reort etc. about this issue. Any refresh error in Refresh history in Power BI Service which could also be provided.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li