Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Data refresh issue (On demand automatically run right after publish from power bi desktop)

Right after I publish the powerbi file/dataset from desktop, the On demand schedule run automatically.

Why is this happening?

It happens since last week!

Also, how can I stop the "On demand" data refresh in powerbi web service?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Which data source did the report get data from?

Which connection mode did you use, import, DirectQuery or Connect Live? 

How did you find the dataset is refreshed after publishing to service? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-qiuyu-msft ,

The datasets are getting from multiple datasources, all connection mode are "import".

You can refer to the picture attached, left hand side refresh history are the log of my dataset being published into the power bi web, immediately after the published, the scheduled run will run on demand (automatically). I did not manually trigger it.

pbi.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Did you put the pbix file in your OneDrive or SharePoint online then connect to this pbix file in Power BI service? If it is, you can turn off OneDrive Refresh in Dataset Settings. 

q6.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-qiuyu-msft , nope. 
I do not put the pbix in the "OneDrive or SharePoint online".

Just publish the pbix from desktop to power bi service.

Moreover, I do not have such option that you mentioned above.

Any insight? Bug?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I would suggest you create a support ticket to get help. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft , I had just filed a support ticket to get help. Hopefully they will be able to resolve this.

Thanks.

rui_f_m
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue, did you get a reply on how to fix it?

MaxDamage

Hello everyone,

I'm facing the same problem: when a pbix file in mixed storage mode is published from desktop to the Power BI service, an on-demand refresh is triggered right away, even though the refresh is scheduled to run only 1 time daily late at night.

This is quite troublesome, as it hammers our DB at undesired times throughout the day.

Can this be configured? It this a bug or by design?!

Best regards  

alexgor87
Advocate II

Hi everyone,

I'm facing the same problem: I want the data to be published exactly as I see it in the desktop, but Power BI service automatically runs the refresh after I publish the PBIX.

Microsoft - please fix this

UPDATE: if I switch off the scheduled refresh - then I can publish the pbix and the PBI service doesn't run the refresh again. So try disabling the scheduled refresh while you publishing the datasets from the desktop.

Best regards