Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Data refresh failing

I have a dataset that has been working fine for almost a year, but now the scheduled or on demand refreshes fail with:

Last refresh failed: Wed Nov 29 2017 11:26:21 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
The gateway operation has been cancelled explicitly by the user or from a timeout.

All of my other datasets are refreshing without error, so I do not believe that it is a problem with the gateway.  The only difference between the failing dataset and the other datasets is that the failing dataset uses RLS, although I do not know if that is related. 

I can refresh the dataset in PowerBI desktop and re-publish the dataset, so I believe that there is nothing wrong from a development standpoint.

Please help!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @eruffolo,

1. Please share detail information under error message, eg: Activity Id, Request Id, Cluster Name. You can clicked on the latest refresh failed message, then share this information with us. 

2. Please export gateway logs and share it with us as suggested here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem-tshoot#tools-for-troubleshooting. You can upload log files to you OneDrive and sent the link in private message. 

Note: Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

eruffolo
Regular Visitor

The detailed error message is:

If you contact support for this issue, please provide them with the following information:

Activity Id: 00bbcb80-6afb-41c3-96fa-7af1eb7c3996

Request Id: 89040873-d34f-41bc-9dd2-95f535506c20

Cluster Name: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Refresh Start Time: 11/30/2017 18:01:43Z

Refresh End Time: 11/30/2017 18:30:00Z

I do not yet have OneDrive configured; is there another way I can get the logs to Microsoft?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @eruffolo,

You can try to upload the log files to your general file store product, maybe Dropbox, then sent the URL in Private to me. Thanks. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu