Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Data processing capacity

Best regard. My REPS.pbix file has a size of 14,381 KB, but when I try to display the visualizations in Power BI Desktop or in the Power BI service, everything becomes very slow and, sometimes, the error of "the system does not respond" appears and question to close the Power BI or Power BI Desktop service. My condition is free user. Would acquiring Power BI Pro have solved that problem?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @GermánArias,

When we open the report in Power BI desktop, the performance can be affected by machine (  https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-get-the-desktop/#minimum-requireme... ) or Power BI desktop itself. Please run the latest desktop version is possible. 

There is a 1 GB limit, per dataset, that is imported into Power BI. When we run the report in Power BI service, as both Pro and Free users use shared capacity if the workspace doesn't have Premium Capacity enabled, so I don't think purchase can improve the capacity. See: Power BI Premium - what is it?

In your scenario, please share the pbix file with us if possible. so we can test it to see if the issue related to machine or Power BI service itself. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

GermánArias
Regular Visitor

Thank you very much for the timely response. I tried to attach the pbix file so they can verify if my problem is the computer or the Power BI service but I did not find the way. I was reviewing the RAM of my computer that is 4GB but less than 1 GB available to process the Power BI information. I have a 4 GB available slot, I thank you to indicate if adding those 4 GB of RAM would solve my problem to process the data becoming a PRO user. This way it would be left with a RAM memory available for Power BI of 4 GB.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @GermánArias,

You can upload your pbix file to your OneDrive or Dropbox and share the link here. If it contains sensitive data, you can send the link via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

GermánArias
Regular Visitor

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Attached the Dropbox link with the pbix file. There is no problem with confidentiality. My dahsboard is in Spanish.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/db0ng2rgsuv6b6f/REPS.pbix?dl=0

Best regard.

GermánArias
Regular Visitor

Good evening, I thank you for clarifying additionally if to elaborate visualizations for a data volume of between 1 to 2 GB, I would require to acquire a laptop with 8GB, 12GB or 16 GB of RAM ?, since I understand that the speed of the processing of data depends on the RAM memory where I create the visualizations.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @GermánArias,

It's true that the more RAM is available the desktop run faster. You can acquire the RAM as you could. and follow the minimum requirements mentioned in my first post closely to make the desktop run smoothly. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

GermánArias
Regular Visitor

Thank you very much for your cooperation, Qiuyun Yu

Best Regards,

Carlos Germán Arias

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @GermánArias,

Do you have any other question? If not, can we close the thread now? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu