Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data not showing when "Show an Apply button and only send queries once for slicer selections"

Hi Power BI team,

Please advise whether the Hierarchy Slicer is working fine with the Slicer Selections in Options > Query Reduction > Show an Apply button and only send queries once.

I am having problem after checking this feature.

I choose a region value in my slicer and then click Apply. There was no data shown on my matrix at all.

Thank you.

Rudy

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm not able to reproduce this issue in Power BI desktop version 2.59.5135.781 64-bit (June 2018) with latest HierarchySlicer visual. In your scenario, please update your desktop and visual to the latest one then test again. 

Please disable this feature, then select the same value in HierarchySlicer visual, check if the matrix display data. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I have followed what you mentioned and it seems working with the latest version if I build new pbix.

However, the Matrix visual, the data still not able to display after selecting the value in HierarchySlicer visual in my existing PBIX.

Regards,

Rudy Lim

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I am testing it now and found the hierachyslicer visual still not displaying any data when the feature "Apply button" is used but it works for slicer visual.

Please advise.

Regards,

Rudy