Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data flow refresh error after Gen 2 update

Hi there,

The schedule refresh for PowerBI is failing after we upgraded our account to Gen2.

The error is quite not useful, it states - 

chavanr_0-1605579537529.png

Have also raised a support ticket with microsoft for the same which is still WIP.

Is anyone have similar issues after updating to Gen2.

Comments
jenneferparr
Helper I

Yes, when I try to refresh any of my reports in PBI desktop I get this error:

jenneferparr_0-1605632093372.png

This just started yesterday; I was able to refresh on Friday with no issues.

jfreyha
Frequent Visitor

same thing here. we are reverting back the Gen2 Premium and dataflows/datasets are refreshing normally again.

chavanr
Resolver I

Yes @jfreyha  we did the same thing, everything working alright after we reverted back.

waiting for Microsoft support to get back to us on the Gen2 update.

jenneferparr
Helper I

I discovered the issue was with the Microsoft store version of PBI Desktop. When I removed that and updated the PBI.com version all my database connections started working again.

jenneferparr
Helper I

One more comment on this - after I opened a case with Microsoft and then figured out how to fix my issue, the Microsoft tech told me that this is a known issue with the Microsoft store version of Power BI and they're working on it. 

chavanr
Resolver I

@jenneferparr thanks for the information!

My ticket with Microsoft support is escalated to the product team.

Hopefully we will get a update soon.

Cheers,

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@chavanr 

Thanks for your update. We understand that the issue may be urgent and you have created a support ticket. Hopefully, it could be resolved soon and it would be great if you could share the solution to help more users.