Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Data export Option Not Working

Hi, 

The data export option not working as usual. It throws the empty data in the excel output. 

Regards, 

Peter I

Hi @Peter_Jeyaraj_I 

As @annemari said , it's a new feature in Power BI Service . PGs have added an entry to the exported file type. To see the new .xlsx (Excel) with live connection option, you need to have Build permission for the underlying Power BI dataset. For users who don't have the relevant permissions, they can still export the file using the original export method.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
annemari
Frequent Visitor

It's probably related to this new feature: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-cy/blog/announcing-connected-excel-tables-from-power-bi/

It's weird, that the "live connection" choice has been put as the default in exporting, because the users that don't have "Build" access are not able to export the data any more without changing the file format when exporting. This has caused a lot of questions.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Peter_Jeyaraj_I 

As @annemari said , it's a new feature in Power BI Service . PGs have added an entry to the exported file type. To see the new .xlsx (Excel) with live connection option, you need to have Build permission for the underlying Power BI dataset. For users who don't have the relevant permissions, they can still export the file using the original export method.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao