Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data driven alert should not trigger if an update fails

It happen relatively frequently that there are problems with the gateway server (which is managed by IT). This results in my data not being updated, but it does not stop my flows in Power Automate from going and doing all kinds of stuff. Below is the error message I get. That is not the issue. But when I receive this error, data driven alerts should also not fire.

Something went wrong

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

• Data source error{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Microsoft SQL: Transaction (Process ID 72) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"SQL"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"cphegtd3-nap03;ASHPRODNAV"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Transaction (Process ID 72) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction."}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Project.
  • Cluster URIWABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
  • Activity ID00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
  • Request ID71b8223a-f681-4553-b4f9-d9be3558fb94
  • Time2020-05-05 05:01:27Z
Comments
CasperLehmann
Frequent Visitor

I don't know why my post is in all caps, all of a sudden. Is that a feature?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @CasperLehmann

I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

For the issue about using Power BI community, you can post a thread in this forum: 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Feedback/bd-p/community-feedback

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu