Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Data View: Column Filter Corrupts/Returns Mulitple Values

Here is the link to the twitter thread discussing the issue: https://twitter.com/PBIQueryous/status/1600077293220945922?s=20&t=H8n2wFpJNzq2RzL1yvcSRg

Data View allows us the filter the table. Once a column is filtered, other columns can also be filtered showing the remaining available values.

However, when a combination of Filter and Sort (ascending/descending), it causes the other columns filter selection to corrupt, and instead of showing unique values in the filter selection, it shows multiple values. The issue is particularly apparent when using Date Filters (is on or before, is after, is between etc).

Hi @PBI_Queryous ,

I'm sorry I didn't understand your question very well.

I did a simple test as I understand it but don't seem to have a similar experience to you.
Can you help me how to reproduce your problem?

12081.gif

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
Greg_Deckler
Super User

I was able to replicate this using November version of Power BI Desktop.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @PBI_Queryous ,

I'm sorry I didn't understand your question very well.

I did a simple test as I understand it but don't seem to have a similar experience to you.
Can you help me how to reproduce your problem?

12081.gif

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Greg_Deckler
Super User

@v-xiaoyan-msft It's not in Power Query Editor, it is in Power BI Desktop in the Data view. Only when using Date filters and sorting. Confirmed by Taylor Clark here: Taylor Clark on Twitter: "@PBIQueryous @GregDeckler Fun fact, this bug looks to have existed for yea...