Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data Source Credentials Not Updating

All of a sudden all of my automatic refreshes have been failing due a message "Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid." Nothing has changed and I don't know why I am receiving this message. 

I click on Edit Credentials (Salesforce credentials) and unable to do so because now I'm receiving this message "Failed to update data source credentials: We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation".

This was all working fine a couple of days ago and yesterday, I started running into the refresh issue. I have deleted my cache, cookies, etc. but I am unable to edit my Salesforce creditials.

Anyone have any ideas / thoughts?

Thank you!

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @Topgunz786123,

Can you share some snapshots of the error messages? There is a similar issue that has been submitted.

IMPORTANT: mask the confidential info first.

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

thomas_chague
Regular Visitor

Hi all,

I am facing the same issue since yesterday.

All my web connections can no longer be refreshed outside PBI Desktop (both "refresh now" and "scheduled refresh" don't work online), whereas it was working last week (last try on tuesday 5th December).

To make the example simple, I created a dataset with only one connection to a basic GoogleDoc. My query is as below :

refreshTest3.PNG

On PBI Desktop it connects well and I can refresh without problems but when I try to refresh my dataset online as below ...

refreshTest2.PNG

... It tells me credentials are invalid. If I click on "Edit credentials", the below error message appears :

refreshTest1.PNG

My only alternative to make it works is to use a data Gateway, but this solution does not fit our needs.

Does somebody have an idea of why I can't edit credentials of my web sources without gateway?

Thank you in advance,

Thomas

EDIT : If you want to try my query, the googleDoc is public :

let
    Source = Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents
        ("https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTtSbR8T3QFBijNCudD6jOo40YZ4TdqI6xbFgCh9uf3-K0BuUK82..."),
         null, true),
    Test_Sheet = Source{[Item="Test",Kind="Sheet"]}[Data],
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Test_Sheet,{{"Column1", type text}, {"Column2", type text}})
in
    #"Changed Type"

hrojasr
Regular Visitor

I have the same error and the credentials are good.

I'm trying to connect to ODBC source (Firebird).  If I test direct over ODBC or  over my PowerBI local software it works. 

Failed to update data source credentials: We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation.Hide details
Activity ID: dd26b5ea-74c0-4e2e-a4d9-affa205082c9
Request ID: 5bd02ee3-cdc2-0c48-9a66-55ab49a754c0
Status code: 400
Time: Thu Dec 14 2017 13:45:50 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Version: 13.0.3419.168
Cluster URI: https://wabi-canada-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net

image.png

thomas_chague
Regular Visitor

Hi,

For those who might be interested, my problem (cf previous message) is resolved : I managed to edit the credentials of my web connections without using a gateway.

My solution is trivial, I just tried to edit credentials with Edge (instead of Chrome or Mozilla)... and it worked!

Hope this will help some of you.

Regards,

Thomas