Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data Refreshing error

Hi, 

I got problem in refreshing data via PBI web. It works normally in desktop, however in PBI web it cant be refresh manually or schedule refresh. I already managed to instal gateway.  It take too much time already for this error, I try to find every post in community powerbi but I havent got answer yet

I use 3 data sources, two from google sheet  & one from ODBC (already connceted with lastest gateway version)

vule4ps_1-1666325984840.png

vule4ps_4-1666326574213.png 

For this I have to choose Skip test connection. If I not ticked on "skip test connection" it would have "Timeout expired The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation authentical powerbi"

vule4ps_3-1666326467490.png

So basically when I pressed refresh data this is the error I got

vule4ps_5-1666326752014.png

Many thanks

Hi @vule4ps ,

Thanks for the information, the error I found seems to be "Mashup expression evaluation error", this error is usually related to "power query", maybe you can check the source file in Perhaps you can check if there is an error in the source file in the power query.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @vule4ps ,

Thanks for the information, the error I found seems to be "Mashup expression evaluation error", this error is usually related to "power query", maybe you can check the source file in Perhaps you can check if there is an error in the source file in the power query.

Best regards,

vule4ps
Regular Visitor

Hi,

thanks for your respond. Can you explain what is error in "power query" please. 

It works fine in desktop, but when it comes to webservice it not working. Many thanks

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vule4ps ,

In power bi desktop, choose "transform data"and go into Power query editor page.

vmengzhumsft_0-1666691579489.png

Then check if there are something wrong in your whole query through the applied steps.

vmengzhumsft_1-1666691629507.png

Best regards,

vule4ps
Regular Visitor

Hi,

As I mention, Desktop version works fine. There is not any thing wrong in power Query.  Many thanks

vule4ps_0-1666797998040.pngvule4ps_1-1666798029919.png

vule4ps_2-1666798041918.png

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vule4ps ,

Then we can rule out the power query error. I rechecked your error message and found that it seems to indicate a problem with authentication to the datasource, as shown in the diagram, "datasource undefined" and "password failed". 

vmengzhumsft_0-1666940469862.png

Have you tried to reconfigure the credentials for the ODBC datasource that is having problems?

Best regards,