Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data Refresh and Publish

I am having problems with my data refresh and publish. The scenario is when i refresh data and publish on my PowerBI desktop it updates the data and shows on PowerBI Online. Then when i refresh data through PowerBI online, all of a sudden data disappears and i could not see any data anymore. Anyone, encountered this issue before? Thanks guys.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @xandertsai,

Which data source does the report get data from? Does the dataset get data in Import mode, DirectQuery or Live connection? 

After you refresh the report on Power BI service, please go to Refresh History check if the refresh is successful. If refresh is completed fine, when you access the report on Power BI service, is there any error displays in the report or just all visuals don't have data? If it's the latter, please click Refresh button in the report page to see if data display. Also please download the report and open it in Power BI desktop check if visuals display data. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

xandertsai

Hi Qiuyun,

The data source is coming from CRM (ODATA) and the dataset is getting from import mode.

I also double checked the Refresh History if it was successful and YES it was successful. I am not receiving any error, just the visuals not displaying any data. 

In the PowerBI Desktop it is displaying data but when we publish and go to the PowerBI online data does not show after refresh