Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data Refresh Transient Issue Error

Something went wrong
The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Cluster URI: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: ef76b50b-2d79-4583-9252-2f8a5d6abce4
Request ID: 7bc0f76a-e3ab-acf8-11a4-4a4aa5353c2e
Time: 2019-12-02 16:19:00Z

I keep getting this error while trying to refresh my PBI report. I have tried republishing waiting and trying over multiple days now and taking control of the refresh using a personal gateway correctly configured, accessible to and working for other reports. I'm out of ideas besides deleting the dataset and starting over but as this report is shared w/ many users, I cannot take this action.

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Please install the latest version of gateway and check if this issue persists. If still can't solve this issue, I would suggest you create a support ticket here.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can confirm the latest gateway and desktop PBI application are installed. I have created a support ticket.

lbudack
Advocate III

@Anonymous Will you update this thread when you hear back? We're experiencing this too. Thanks! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

we are also facing the same issue from past one week. we have updated gateway , desktop but still the error is there. can somebody suggest here the solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem here, but only in one of several data sets I own.
In my workspace it works and updates correctly, but in the workspace I created to make reports and apps available to users this particular dataset does not update, presenting the same error message that was presented here.
Another detail is that this dataset worked smoothly until a few days ago.

Edit: I decided to save pbix under another name and upload this renamed file. This new file is updating normally, but I've had the whole time of reconfiguring everything from scheduled updates to user signatures.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i had the same issue. The fix was to relink all the associated dashboard tiles to the report.

THEG72
Helper V

@Anonymous can you advise your process to relink associated dashboard tiles to the report?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@THEG72 
Just repinned them one by one.