Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data Refresh Failing: The credentials provided for the Web source are invalid

Hello,

A few days ago I added a new data-source to a Power BI Report. It's a csv file located in a OneDrive folder. (same folder as existing csv files used in this same report.

Since I added this report the scheduled refreshes have been failing with the below error message: (previous to this the report has been refreshing every day successfully for 1 year +)

Data source error: The credentials provided for the Web source are invalid. (Source at xxxxx). The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: quality_check_2_test.
Cluster URI: WABI-US-EAST2-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 89abbbf7-3047-49be-b144-dd03dba9dd9b
Request ID: 74e62357-1d06-4b94-67b9-3784ce10492e
Time: 2022-07-01 07:48:09Z

I checked Azure Logs and can see the following error for Microsoft Power Query for Excel (on 27/06/2022):

"The refresh token has expired due to inactivity. The token was issued on {issueDate} and was inactive for {time}.
Additional Details
Expected part of the token lifecycle - the user went an extended period of time without using the application, so the token was expired when the app attempted to refresh it."

The report refreshes and connects to the data-source successfully in Power BI Desktop. The issue is just occurring when I try to refresh the data in PBI Service.

I'm using my organizational account as authentication source.

Can you help?

Hi @Anonymous 

What was the data source of your report before you added this data?Have you configured the gateway for your newly added data source in Service ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous 

What was the data source of your report before you added this data?Have you configured the gateway for your newly added data source in Service ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

EARION
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem. my dataset is not updated, gateway is ok. (green)