Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data Model losing data during refresh

I have two smaller, unique data models that have worked for several months with no issues. They are in my personal workspace, not in an app and not in a group. They refresh as scheduled but when they refresh, they lose data instead of gaining it approximately 90% of the data goes away. For example, one shows all weeks of the year through current with the number of orders imported. When the model refreshes at 7:30 am, all weeks except for 2 drop off the report. It is not filtered, and the database has no issues. It is a direct import table. If I open the data model on the desktop and refresh the data, it works perfectly and keeps all of the weeks. I can then republish, and it will work again for several hours before going blank again.

I have removed the data model, reports, and dashboards and republished from scratch only to have the same thing happen the next day. As stated, this is occurring with two different models built on two different data sources. I have also imported the data model using the Get Data function and they still lose data.

We have had issues with data loading (like many of you) and have recently transferred the gateway to a different server but the 100+ other reports and the 50+ datamodels work perfectly.

Any ideas?

Comments
kcantor
Community Champion

@v-qiuyu-msft

My issue is similar to several others that are listed as open, needs info, or closed. This issue just started for me this week. I am connecting to sql server and my source contains 2.7m rows in the desktop but stops at 1k in the service. The query does have a single merge and a conditional column. I do not have the latest version of the desktop yet but am not ready to update. The two models that are misbehaving are models that have existed for many months with no issues.

kcantor
Community Champion

@v-qiuyu-msft

I am trying to submit a ticket for this and the ticket submission page seems to be broken. I can fill in the information but it will not let me select a file to attach and obviously will not let me submit a ticket without a file attachment. This is very frustrating while trying to get help with a snowballing issue. I now have 5 data models affected. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @kcantor,

Please update your on-premises data gateway to the latest version which is released on 8/8/2018 then test again. 

Regarding the issue to submit a support ticket, I would suggest you test again with inprivate browser mode. You could also create a support ticket in Office admin portal if you are administrator of your Power BI tenant,

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

kcantor
Community Champion

@v-qiuyu-msft

My gateway is up to date. In addition, I managed to get Microsoft to call me regarding submitting a ticket. Using a screen share session, they were able to witness the fact that a support ticket could not be submitted in any browser window not in any private session window. 

I have the latest gateway. I have the latest desktop version. As of today, my larget table at 4.7 million rows is refusing to import more than 1,000 rows.  

I was told that the microsoft rep I spoke with would try to submit a ticket for me.  I need help on this desperately. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @kcantor,

I would suggest you wait for the Microsoft engineer to look into your real environment after a support ticket is created. Hope the issue will be resolved soon. Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu