Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Data Loading stucks

I want to load the data into my report. In the preview view in the editor mode, data is also displayed. That means the connection to the database can be established in general. However, when I want to load the data, the update process stops at "Data is being loaded into the model". I have already tried everything. Uninstalled and reinstalled Power BI Desktop, used the latest version, re-established the connection, renewed the rights and restarted the PC. Now, unfortunately, I do not know what to do and I need help.

Hi @Franzi710 

What is your data source ? Which connection mode are you using ? Have you had a similar situation before? Can you provide your loading page ? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Franzi710 

What is your data source ? Which connection mode are you using ? Have you had a similar situation before? Can you provide your loading page ? 

Best Regards,

Franzi710
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 

Data Source: MS SQL

Connection: Import

Until now I had the situation once, both with the normal Power BI Desktop as well as with the Power BI Desktop from the Report Server. The next day by a restart it worked again without problems. This time unfortunately not.

Franzi710_0-1653889568692.png

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @Franzi710 

MS SQL ? My SQL ?

Have you checked your data source? There may be a problem with the data source, or the data source is not on the local machine, causing the loading to be affected by the network.

Best Regards,

Franzi710
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 

I use the SQl Server Connection to connect MS SQL.

Yes I checked everything.

No that can't be actually, because it is always already the same data source and there have never been problems otherwise. In addition, my colleague has no problems loading the files and she has the same settings, etc..

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @Franzi710 

Is your Desktop version the same as your colleagues ? 

Best Regards,

Franzi710
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 

Yes we both have the same version. have also additionally downloaded today the latest version (May 2022) and again it works only with my colleague and not with me.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @Franzi710 

Are you accessing MS SQL's credential the same as your colleague ? 

Best Regards,

Franzi710
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 

Yes we are. It's really weird