Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data Lake Storage connector not working in Desktop after Nov 2018 update

After updating Desktop to Nov 2018, my existing reports with Azure Data Lake Storage connections now fail to refresh, nor can I create a new connection to my Azure Data Lake Storage account.  I have just reinstalled Oct 2018 and everything works fine.

After entering the URL and then my organization credentials, I receive a message saying something like "Specify How to Connect" but with no button or action available to do anything about it.  I can either close or hit "Connect" again, and re-enter an endless loop of this warning message popping up.

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@MatthewAWC,

Do you use this specific version(2.64.5285.741) of Power BI Desktop? If so,  in Power BI Desktop, open a new blank query and enter the following code in Advanced Editor, then check if you are able to connect to teh data source.

let

Source = DataLake.Contents("URL")

in

Source

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

MatthewAWC

My version is 2.64.5285.582 64-bit (November, 2018) and the query above also stalls on a message saying "Please specify how to connect".  I click "Edit Credentials" and nothing comes up to enter my credentials.  I will download the latest version and try again.

MatthewAWC

Just tried again after updating Desktop to 2.64.5285.741 64-bit (November, 2018) and exactly the same problem remains.  I keep getting a message "Please specify how to connect" whether I use the connector, or use the query that was suggested in this thread.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@MatthewAWC,

Please open a support ticket in Power BI support site.
Support Ticket.gif

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@MatthewAWC,

Please keep an eye on the update time for this issue in Power BI support site.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue seems to be corrected in December 2018 version of Power BI Desktop.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-december-2018-feature-summary/

I confirmed the issue is solved in the version.