Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data Labels on Area Chart are not aligned properly

The data labels on the Area Chart are out of alignmnet.  This makes it confusing to know in a trending report if the data label is for the previous month or the next month.  Please see the image below.

Example Data Labels on Area Chart.PNG

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@binarytoshokan

Did you configure any other format option except turning on Data labels? I just tried on Feb 2017 version of PBI Desktop and PBI Service but cannot repro the same issue as you.

Data Labels on Area Chart are not aligned properly_1.jpg 

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

binarytoshokan
Regular Visitor

Hello Herbert,

Correct, the only format option I changed was turning on the data labels.  This was on version 2.38.4491.282 64-bit (August, 2016).

I just downloaded the Feburary 2017 update and the issue remains.  This one below I created from a new power BI file.  I then connected to the same data source.  The two fields used here is a count under values and the date string you see on the axis.   

Power BI Desktop Bug.PNG

Warm Regards,

Ed

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@binarytoshokan

Since I cannot repro the same issue locally, could you please provide your PBIX file to me? I'd like to take a look at it.

Best Regards,

Herbert