Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Data Labels - Customize Series setting not working for column/line chart in Service

I have a stacked column/line chart and I want to display the data labels for the column but not the line.  I have been using the 'Customize Series' feature under 'Data Labels' for several months to display one label and not the other and it has been working well.  In the last few days, it stopped working in the PBI service (still works fine in desktop).  Now it is all or nothing - if Data Labels is swtiched to on, it shows all labels regardless of the Customize Series.  This is making for some hard to read charts!

Thanks
Kelsey

Comments
Nexter
Advocate III

Still not working for me yet, but hopefully it will kick in at some point.  

pattersonm8
Helper II

I'm having the same issue - any fixes?

Nexter
Advocate III

@pattersonm8  There doesn't appear to be a work-around, but I just spoke with someone at Microsoft who looked up the internal service ticket and said it is being worked on.  

pattersonm8
Helper II

Thanks

jamezcua9
Helper I

Same issue has happened to me and I just posted a question regarding this issue.  

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Data-Label-in-the-X-Axis-for-a-line-value/m-p/676927

Nexter
Advocate III

FYI All,

I spoke with someone from Microsoft who believes this set to be fixed with the next Desktop update.  @v-yulgu-msft Yuliana, are you able to confirm this at all?  Thanks!

jamezcua9
Helper I

@Nexter Did they have any ETA on the next update for Desktop?

Nexter
Advocate III

@jamezcua9 He said next Friday (May 3rd), which seems really early.  As a result I was a bit skeptical, but he seemed to say they're testing now and aiming for a next Friday release.  Although he's one of the Mindtree (outsourced) tech support associates, so I wouldn't necessarily say that's definite.  Fingers crossed though!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nexter Thanks for the updates! I'm also facing the same issue. 

I hope they will be able to fix this problem till next Friday!

Nexter
Advocate III

@Anonymous  @jamezcua9 

Hi All,

I just checked my reports on service and this issue appears to be fixed, hooray! (at least for me it's showing as fixed)

You guys should check your reports.