Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Data Flow

I'm running into an issue with cache size using a Data Flow connector in Power BI Desktop. The Expression Error reads: "The evaluation reached the allowed cahce entry size limit. Try increasing the allowed cache size." I went into options to increase the cache size; however, the current cahce size was almost 3.25 GB! Is this a compression issue with Data Flows? The entity is a simple transformations of orders (22 M-ish  rows) without any aggregations. I can connect and import the data using a SQL Server connector but I was hoping to use a data flow to avoid having to transform the data each time I want to connect.

Also... shameless plug for incremental refresh for Pro users. When can we expect to see incremental refresh for those of us who do not have a large enough user base to justify the difference in cost between Pro and Premium?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Please clear cache data in Power BI desktop then connect to the data flow again. Also please run the latest Power BI desktop version 2.65.5313.701 then test again. 

Incremental refresh is available for premium capacity. For your requirement, you can vote this same idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/34198180-incremental-refresh-for-power-bi-pro

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I cleared my cache and installed the latest version of Power BI Desktop and run into the same error. 

Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

curth
Power BI Team

This is a misleading error message (and perhaps an overly aggressive performance optimization). We think it means that we can’t allocate more space in the pagefile. Can you try increasing the maximum size of your pagefile to see if it resolves the problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable
The issue has been resolved with the help of the support team. The solution was simply to increase the cache size on the pbix file. This was not something that I have had to play around with since I've been importing most data sets and only live connecting to smaller data sets. The support team was very communicative and great to work with.