Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data Flow on Data Lake Gen2 refresh fail

Hello,

starting 18.1.2020 all my Data Flows connected to Data Lake fail to refresh with following error:

Invalid date,(DF Name),Failed,(Entity Name),20/01/2020 09:05:46,20/01/2020 09:05:46,Failed,Error: Internal error Request ID: 1bc42da1-65d9-a05d-bcf0-cd8bdf79b43a Activity ID: a8164157-13f1-4969-a3a5-57983dacfadc

All other dataflow not connected to Data Lake refresh succesfully. I even tried to create new Data Flows in new Workspaces and the behaviour is the same.

Since all my important Data Sets are dependent on Data Flows I cannot refresh data in my reports.

Please help.

Pavel Janata

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @janatap

From internal trace, I found the error "Cannot get storage account key - failed with forbidden". 

I would suggest you find the Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 account configured in Power BI admin portal. Then go to the Azure portal, check if required permission is granted for Power BI based on this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dataflows-connect-azure-data-lake-storage-gen2#pre...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

janatap
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

I checked what you advised and everything looks OK.

Data Lake is connected to Power BI (in PBI Admin Portal) and all permissions are set the way described in the documentations (on Blob Container and all subfolders). All the settings seem to be the same as were before 18.1. when it was working properly. I can't see any alert in Data Lake resource in Azure Portal and no activity that could cause any problems.

Is there something I can/should try to setup (for example remove and add the permissions again)?

Pavel

janatap
Regular Visitor

Also I am not aware of any modifications or setup change (in Power BI Admin or Azure Portal) on 18.1. that could possibly affect Data Lake or Power BI. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @janatap

Please create a support ticket to get help. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

MikeJohnsonZA
MVP

Hi 

i had the same issue and managed to get the MS team to help me out.

The document used to say that you has to asign the "Reader" role, instead that should be the "Reader and Data Acccess" role. everything worked for me after this change.

The Team are updating the docs to reflect this.

janatap
Regular Visitor

Hi @MikeJohnsonZA,

you are right! Dataflows are now refreshing correctly.. Thanks a lot.

Pavel