Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data Changes after posting Online (from desktop)

Crosspost here for additional support.

Currently, CSV source files are hosted on Onedrive where Desktop will pull and aggregate through 8/2/2022. File is saved and published online. Total of 40+ files less than 1GB in total.

I go into the portal and can see the data through 8/2/2022. However, 5-15 minutes later, the data will appear Blank as the latest time period is through 7/29/2022.

The csv files are identical in formats and less 25 mbs each. I dont understand why the data will restate on its own (date 8/2 vs 7/29). I havent triggered a refresh. I can see the 8/2 data in PowerQuerry and it aggregates on PowerBI Desktop. Other things I tried was updating my PowerBI desktop and Gateway versions. I also tried deleting the entire dataset and reposting. Revisiting all the date filters to ensure no duplications.

A little help is appreciated.

Mel

Hi @Anonymous 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been fixed . I will change the status to "Delivered" . Thanks for your reply .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous 

Please correct me if I wrongly understood your issue . 

The data of your data source is updated to August 2nd, and then the Desktop is also updated to August 2nd. Then you upload the report to Service. At first it also shows data until August 2nd, but after a while, the data only shows until July 29th, right?
So have you tried to manually refresh the data on the Service? If it is refreshed, when is the displayed data?Does the report on your Service set the conditions for time filtering? Will this still be the case if the report is republished from the Desktop?

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Discovered the reason behind this.

It was odd to see PowerBI showing all the data within period on desktop and not all in the virtual machine which is what publishing was doing. The solution was adding another step in PowerQuery to recharacterize the column in Date format (again). That seemed to solve the missing dates.

Why my desktop was recognizing date differently compared to publishing or my virtual manchine? I dont know but my issue has been resolved.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Anonymous 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been fixed . I will change the status to "Delivered" . Thanks for your reply .

Best Regards,