Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data Bars do not theme - Bug

Hi All,

I have been working with themes recently. My problem is I am trying to theme databars and having no luck...

Was hoping someone had a creative solution as I beleive I am hitting the limits of Power bi. Screenshots to follow

Most visuals let you set the data color to a color from the theme pallete.

image.pngimage.png

Lets say I pick Orange.

I then can pass in a different theme and the color(green) in the same position in the new theme as my selected color (orange) will replace my previously selected color. as show in the image below

image.png

image.png

This same thing does not hold true to Data Bars. I can do the same exercise as above and it will keep my originally selected orange when switching themes. 

Other conditional formatting options(font color, background color) let you use a measure to color, Data bars do not. We use this report with different themes at multiple customers. So for now we will have to live without data bars.

Hoping someone has a workaround. 

Thanks

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @dmac412

Which "Data Bars" do you mean? Please clarify it with detail information. 

Which theme do you use, built-in theme or imported .json theme? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

dmac412
Advocate I

Goodmorning @v-qiuyu-msft .The Data Bars I am speaking of are one of the default conditional formatting options for Tables and Matrices. 

image.png

I am trying to use a custom theme. However, this morning I verifed that even if I use a built in theme the data bars do not change colors with the theme.

dmac412
Advocate I

@v-qiuyu-msft  Any update on if this will be supported ?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @dmac412

Based on my research, it's not supported to use custom theme to change conditional formatting color. Please vote on this same idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/19140475-custom-theme-colors-for-...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

t-val79

This sure seems like a bug to me and not a case of something being unsupported.  It clearly lets you select a color from the theme palette, but doesn't apply when you change the theme.  Can someone at Microsoft please confirm the intended behavior is occuring?

dmac412
Advocate I

@v-qiuyu-msft  Hi, has there been any progress made on this issue? The idea you linked me to has been implimented. There is a bug when switching between themes. I would be happy to hop on a call and demo the issue for a dev.

Thanks