Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data Bars conditional formatting Error

I am having this error where I am trying to color Bar colors by percentage and in the conditional formatting, I am creating a Rule for different colors above and below a certain percentage. However there seems to be a bug where it doesnt exactly work the way it is supposed to :Attached are pictures of the issue. Just wondering if this can be investigated

goes green  before my target 30% value as mentioned in Conditional formatting Rulegoes green before my target 30% value as mentioned in Conditional formatting Rule           image.png

Hi @abhisub ,

You wrote the wrong rule when you set the background color.

If the field the formatting is based on contains percentages, write the numbers in the rules as decimals, which are the actual values; for example, ".30" instead of "30". Also, select Number instead of Percent for the number format. For example, "If value is greater than or equal to 0 Number and is less than .30 Number" returns values less than 30%.

A demo for your reference:

vcaitlynmstf_0-1646724575457.png

For more information,you can refer to:Color by rules for percentages 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @abhisub ,

You wrote the wrong rule when you set the background color.

If the field the formatting is based on contains percentages, write the numbers in the rules as decimals, which are the actual values; for example, ".30" instead of "30". Also, select Number instead of Percent for the number format. For example, "If value is greater than or equal to 0 Number and is less than .30 Number" returns values less than 30%.

A demo for your reference:

vcaitlynmstf_0-1646724575457.png

For more information,you can refer to:Color by rules for percentages 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

abhisub

Thanks a ton @v-xiaoyan-msft  ! i thought type conversion to percentage for fields would sync with the percentage here. But this works for me