Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data Alerts

I have created alerts on a KPI and it will trigger an email through microsoft flow if the count increases in the KPI tile.  For example , If the count changes from 7 to 8 it will trigger an alert . But Unfortunately if the count does not change for 7 days then Power BI is automatically triggering an email on the 7th day as an update. I do not want the alert to be generated without change in data. 

Is there any solution for this ? 

Thank you

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have created alerts on a KPI and it will trigger an email through microsoft flow if the count increases in the KPI tile.  For example , If the count changes from 7 to 8 it will trigger an alert . But Unfortunately if the count does not change for 7 days then Power BI is automatically triggering an email on the 7th day as an update. I do not want the alert to be generated without change in data. 

Is there any solution for this ? 

Thank you

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@aneeshpartha5 ,

Alerts only work on data that is refreshed. When data refreshes, Power BI looks to see if an alert is set for that data. If the data has reached an alert threshold, an alert is triggered.

In your scenario, do you get the above issue without configuring Flow?

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info