Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dashboard tiles missing from App dashboard.

I am having an issue with a dashboard that looks fine in my workspace, however when I view it in the App, there are tiles missing.  It seems that the tiles that are missing are coming from the reports that are using shared data sets.  I did a test and pinned a visual from a report not using a shared data set and it is showing in the app.  However, any tiles pulling from shared data sets are not being displayed in the app.  

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MEEnergy

I tested on my side but not able to reproduce the issue. Assume the shared dataset exists in workspace A, in Power BI desktop, create a report connects to this dataset then publish the report to workspace A as well.  Pin visual from this new report to a dashboard then publish the app from workspace A contains this dashboard, when we view the dashboard from the app, the tile does display. 

Please check if I miss any steps to reproduce the issue. If it is, please share detail steps with us. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

MEEnergy
Frequent Visitor

I think you are missing one step.  I am using shared dataset from Workspace A and I connect to that to powerbi desktop as the data source.  Then I publish that to workspace B.  Then I publish the app in workspace B and the tiles from workspace A are not showing up in the app dashboard.  However, they are showing up fine in the workspace dashboard.  

MEEnergy
Frequent Visitor

It seems to be working now.  I will keep monitoring it to see if it happens again but everything is showing up in the app now. 

pipixuan

@MEEnergy I ran into similar issue, I know it's been a while since you posted this, but do you remember how you solved the problem? Thank you in advance!