Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dashboard tile that links to another dashboard or report always launches a new browser tab today

Until yesterday, when clicking a dashboard tile that links to another dashboard or report, the linked dashboard or report launched in the same browser tab. 

Today suddenly, in Chrome, the linked dashboard or report launched a new browser tab, whereas in Edge, it launched in a another instance of Edge.

What has changed??

For hyperlinks, we can specify whether launches in same tab or new tab. The same should be for linked dashboard and report.

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@CTee ,

I have made a test on my side but couldn't reproduce your issue. I would suggest you create a support ticket here for further analysis.

Support Ticket.gif 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

CTee

Hi Jimmy,

Somehow today it is back to the usual expereince ie. when clicking a dashboard tile that links to another dashboard or report, the linked dashboard or report launched in the same browser tab.  

This is acceptable for me. 

However, the preference is still if it can be like for the case of hyperlink ie. we can specify whether it launches in same tab or new tab.   

Thanks.

CTee