Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dashboard tile error when moving a measure to another "Home table" or changing a measure name.

Hi,

I've moved a measure from Actual "home table" to Budget "home table" in Desktop.

Published it to the service. The report works fine, but dashboard tiles show error that says they cannot find a measure in "Actual" table.

So that the report object that I've pinned to be a tile is refreshed and the tile is not

Please fix this

Thanks

Michael

ps. now I've noticed that changing a measure name also causes an error in dashboard tile, requiring me to "re-pin" it from  the underlying report.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

After you move the measure from one table to another table in Desktop, can the report display properly in Power BI Desktop?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-haibl-msft 

Yes, Herbert after changing a Home Table for a measure - everything is OK in the Desktop.

All the visuals work fine and you can see that it has updated the this measure automatically in all the relevant visuals.

The same goes for just changing a measures name - in the Desktop and in the newly published Report in the Service all good, but the influenced visuals are broken in the Dashboard.

It looks like the Dashboard doesn't reference the visuals in the underlying reports but creates its own objects with their own metadata that doesn't change when the original visual in the report does.

Thanks

Michael

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

Are you using the Jan 2017 version of Power BI Desktop? If no, could you please update it and try again?

Best Regards,

Herbert