Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dashboard stuck "Refreshing" and showing blank Tiles

Hi All,

We have a Dashboard that pulls from 2 different reports that has been up and working fine for awhile.  But as of this morning we're suddenly seeing strange issues.  Here's what we observe:

- The main issue is that the Tiles are all blank (no error, just empty as in the first screenshot below)

- The dashboard says "Refreshing" in the top left and has been like that for hours

- The underlying reports do load properly, and if you pin a new Tile, then that new Tile works fine

- The original, blank tiles cannot be deleted from Dashboard.  When you click the menu, there simply isn't an option to delete it anymore. (see second screenshot)

- Clicking "Refresh Dashboard Tiles" does not force them to load

This is our main Dashboard and it would be less than ideal to have to rebuild it completely.  Hoping someone has seen this before and knows a solution...?

Thanks

Capture11.PNG

Capture12.PNG

Comments
spiderrob
Advocate III

I'm seeing exactly the same issue - started today. Dashboard tiles - specifically cards and line graphs are not updating. Even pinning a new one and showing the latest refresh time shows a really old date. Underlying reports are updating fine - Just the Dashboard has a problem.

mindwarp
Regular Visitor

Have the same issue. To get the tiles to refresh again I had to republish the underlying reports and repin the ttiles to the dashboard.

The new tiles are now refreshing properly but I am unable to remove the dead ones. 

mindwarp
Regular Visitor

Spoke too soon, now even the republished and repinned tiles are not refreshing. 

tsapat
Advocate I

Same issue as well for me, probably started Friday too. Even re-pinned tiles from the underlying report that seemed to be working at the time of pinning, do not work after the next tile refresh.

fanrsllifecare
Regular Visitor

Same issue here.

little loading icon before REFRESHING DATA on the top of dashboard keep spining without stop.

most tables on dashbaord are not updated, a few number cards refreshed

the tiles in the report are all updated, just not dashboard.

re-pin can refresh at the time, but same issue again after that.

Should be from last Frday, my i found from my Saturday dashbaord subscrition.

hesmono
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here.

and start from Friday, It make me re-pin all report to dashboard -_-

tired to re-pin so many tiles.

And until today 16 Oct, still refreshing data but not update

refresh.png

tsapat
Advocate I

I just removed all RLS settings on the underlying dataset and republished, the tiles are working are expected right now. I will try to reset the RLS, republish and see what happens.

tsapat
Advocate I

I can confirm now that the issue is related to RLS. I just republished the dataset with RLS enabled and the tiles display the same problem. I have assigned myself to an RLS role but I don't think that is an issue since I am an admin of the workspace. Removing the RLS corrects the problem.

This is a problem though since we definitely need RLS to work as designed!

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@tsapat

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 49548534
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted