Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dashboard sharing Disabled for non-PRO users ?

We can no longer share a dashboard with users from our own workspace. I received the message:

"This dashboard contains Power BI Pro content. Only users that have Power BI Pro will have access to it"

I confirmed my fears by publishing the simplest of reports which is 100% non-pro content. There have been a few other mentions of it on the forum in the past couple of hours, but I thought I'd create an official post. 

1st sharing was disabled from Group Workspaces to non-pro users. Surely Microsoft has accidentally disabled ALL sharing for non-pro users ? If not, you can imagine the uproar.

Is anybody else facing the same problem ? 

Power BI clearly states that we are able to share personal dashboards with non-pro users. 

Error.PNG

Comments
vayneat

I'm experiencing issues with sharing personnal dashboard with my organisation, even if i'm not a pro user.

In fact, i'm actually testing Power BI for my organisation, to know if we go on this solution or not. That's too bad that this sharing bug is appearing the day I was expected to introduce Power BI to my boss... thanks microsoft 🙂

khallgrimsson

I am also receiving the same issue. I have a report with 50+ users that will be unavailable for most of them due to this issue.

caespinosam1985
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem all my dashboard have the message that have Power BI Pro Content.

jwatson05
Frequent Visitor

We are having the same problem just beginning today. We can no longer share dashboard as it is saying we have PowerBI Pro content when we know we do not. How soon will this be resolved?

wonga
Continued Contributor

I'm experiencing the same issue. I just tweeted to the MSPowerBI Twitter account, hopefully it gets resolved soon...

stevend
Regular Visitor

Yep, it started to happen a couple of hours ago for me. Been scratching my head trying to figure out what I had done wrong.

wcbartle

Same problem,

cparker4486
Helper III

Here too. Ugh.

jwatson05
Frequent Visitor

I raised a ticket with Microsoft and they asked us to go ahead and try sharing the dashboard and see if the users can view it. We did that and it worked fine. The person sharing the dashboard still gets the error message but the sharing functionality works. They are working on resolving the inaccurate error message appearing.

missiecyclone
Frequent Visitor

I'm seeing the same thing and my users are not able to view the dashboard.  Users get a message saying the dashboard cannot be found and has been moved or deleted.