Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dashboard no longer available

Hi there, 

We are experiencing an issue on the dashboard with tiles showing "The data shown in this tile is no longer available. Please contact the report owner for details" despite the dashboard being still available. Once the user refreshes the page, the tile loads up fine. The user is consistently getting this error. 

Dashboard.png

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@TCLCO

What is the data source of this dashboard tile? Is there any gateway configured for this dataset? Does this issue only happen to this specific dashboard tile?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

TCLCO
Regular Visitor

Hi Herbert,

Thanks for your prompt response. 

It's a PBIX report which took in excels and no gateways were used. As for whether it only happens to this one dashboard tile, let me get back to you soon. 

Cheers!

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@TCLCO

If the data source is a local excel file, a gateway should be needed to schedule refresh.

Best Regards,

Herbert

TCLCO
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Hi Herbert, 

We are still in the midst of creating the dashboard, and we are getting people to check the UI after sharing the dashboard with them. Some users are able to access the dashboard as per usual, but some users are getting that error. 

The particular user who reported the issue to us is away on leave at the moment so I'm unable to update you if she's only experiencing it on one single tile, or across the whole dashboard. 

jnogle
Employee

I'm seeing the same or similar issue. I deployed my dataset + report to our group workspace. When viewing on the web page, everything looks fine. But after a scheduled refresh, the report pages open and briefly show content but then everything suddenly goes blank. Refreshing the page brings the content back for a moment, but then it all disappears again.

I've verified that data exists in the dataset by inspecting it with Excel. I've tried deleting the dataset and republishing, but the behavior is the same - it works fine until after a scheduled refresh.

I've seen this same behavior in the past and it eventually resolved, but it's been several days now and nobody can use the report.

blevin

i am having similar issue. I am using content pack published by my organization as teh data set. i have had this issue with a number of reports now.

aka
Helper II
Helper II

HI,

were you abl eto fix this issue, am having the similar problem now.

Please help.

Thanks,