Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dashboard links to workspace / jumps out of APP

We observed that today all tiles on dashboards redirect to report out of the APP instead of redirecting to the report in the APP.
For end users the navigation pane of the app disappears and the link changes to app.powerbi.com/groups/me/reports/ instead of app.powerbi.com/groups/me/apps/ 

Users still have access to the report, but when sharing the URL of course it no longer works... 

This happens across all our APPs and we could not isolate it to a specific report.

Can you help`?

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Leaving the App experience and losing the App left navigation is a really terrible design.  Navigating Apps, Workspaces, Shared with Me, etc., is confusing enough for our usres, now you introduce this unusual hop outside of the App experience, that isn't quite the Workspace experience either.  It's like you are sending users to limbo.  Please fix this!  

FloUL
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here in Canada. Getting out of the App while clicking on a visual in the app dashboard does not give the integrated experience we were looking while creating the App. 

Please, this bug needs to be fixed ASAP

SSmithTGH
Regular Visitor

Something has just happened. I have been experiencing this problem for the last couple of weeks in NZ. And it was stilling happening this morning (NZT). But now (4 hours later) it is working as before. 

alexanderjyang
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @SSmithTGH for the headsup!

I have just tested my end, it is back to normal! Not sure if the Power BI team has made the change or it just happens magically! Hope it stays this way!

lcaniglia
Regular Visitor

I just tested ours and it is still jumping out of the app. I must say the communication on this from MS has not been stellar.

sdegroot
Helper I

Same here, still jumping out of the app. We also have an issue with formatted titles of pinned dashboard tiles not updating. Not sure if this is related or not. 

OB
Helper II
Helper II

Still happenning here - our tenant is on Canada Central.  Tried in IE, Chrome and Edge just in case.  Same issue everywhere.  Please fix.

eread
Frequent Visitor

Still happening with us as well.  Our tenant is in Virginia.  Please corect this as soon as possible, as its having an adverse effect on our customers, and the workaround provided is not viable in the long term.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

By my test, this is fixed in Service version13.0.15302.46. You may check it again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft indeed, the functionality is back to normal. Hope it stays that way 😉 thanks a lot!