Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dashboard links to workspace / jumps out of APP

We observed that today all tiles on dashboards redirect to report out of the APP instead of redirecting to the report in the APP.
For end users the navigation pane of the app disappears and the link changes to app.powerbi.com/groups/me/reports/ instead of app.powerbi.com/groups/me/apps/ 

Users still have access to the report, but when sharing the URL of course it no longer works... 

This happens across all our APPs and we could not isolate it to a specific report.

Can you help`?

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are seeing the same thing in both classic and V2 workspaces. US North Central.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

The issue is reported internally and I will keep you posted with any updates.

CRI 222656747

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft it seems to be working again, can you confirm from your end too that the issue is resolved? Thanks

jrussell0917
Regular Visitor

@v-chuncz-msft this is a huge issue that is preventing our business users from accessing content.  Our workspaces are used as staging areas for super users to preview reports content prior to publishing to APPs for the excutives to see. 

lcaniglia
Regular Visitor

This is a big problem with our business users too. Do we have any updates on the fix? This is still happening in our environment too. 

eread
Frequent Visitor

We were rolling out our first formal app to executives when this issue arose, and we needed to postpone rollout which is really unfortunate.  Any update on when this will be resolved?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-chuncz-msft ,

Hope all is good with you, just want to confirm that we're encountering this issue too with all apps that have been published to a Premium Capacity.

We haven't moved over to Premium v2 yet (if that helps).

Cheers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here in Holland. Hope it will be solved asap!

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft We are all aware that this can be done by manually change the deafult hyperlink.

However, I did not change the links in the tiles but instead these default hyperlinks are exactly the ones that no longer work. If I pin a visal to a dashboard, and do not change the hyperlink, it should redirect to the report page of that visual within the app! Instead it redirects to a the workspace! I am glad to show this in more detail if required, as you can see there are many envirnoments affected from this