Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dashboard Tiles don't Update or Refresh

Hi,

I am using Personal Gateway to Refresh CSV Files from a folder. My Report gets updated but my Dashboard Tiles Doesn't.

I have tried the "Refresh Dashboard Tiles" Option but its of no use. To ensure the updated info, i have to delete the existing one and have to repin the tiles, which is annoying and cumbersome.

This is important because my User check the report from their Mobile.

Look forward for a better solution.

Regards,

Sami

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@samihuq

I cannot repro the same issue as you. Tile refresh updates the cache for tile visuals, on the dashboard, once data changes. This happens about every fifteen minutes.

We can also force a tile refresh by selecting the ellipse (...) in the upper right of a dashboard and selecting Refresh dashboard tiles.

If user check the dashboard from latest Mobile App, they can pull down the mobile screen to refresh the dashboard tiles.

Could you please enable the option of “Display last refresh time” in Tile details to check the tile refresh time is updated about every 15 minutes?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

mdsolomon
Frequent Visitor

I seem to have the same issue.

Steps to recreate

1. Write Report in PBI Desktop - Live Connection to Tabular Model (gateway installed and working)
  2. Create App Workspace
  3. Create Dashboard
  4. Publish Desktop Report to Power BI Service
  5. Open Report in Power BI Service
  6. Pin Tiles to Dashboard
  7. Modify Report Filters - So data is different
  8. Publish Desktop Report to Power BI Service 
  9. Open Dashboard [No changes visible]
  10. Click ... ellipse and checked refresh time = Now
  11. [Still not updated tiles]