Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dashboard Tiles Not Updating Using Year-Month Filter

We have reports that have filters for periods (Year-Month) and when we have to update to the next months data, the dashboard tiles do not reflect that data.  I was able to create a test dashboard and replicate this issue.  For example, the tiles were all showing the correct data for the month of August.  Once september came, I changed the period filter to september and when it was published the Tile values did not change. The tiles refresh without issues everyday throughout the month but do not once this filter is changed. 

As a workaround I have to remember to delete and repin all of the visuals in the begining of each month, basically recreating the dashboard, which is very time consuming.  

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@MEEnergy,

What type of filters do you use, page level filter or report level filter? How do you set values for the Year-month filter? Could you please give an example?

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

MEEnergy
Frequent Visitor

Its using a filter on that page in the report.  The year month column that was created in our date table.  

YrMnth =
YEAR ( Dim_Date[Date] ) & "-"
& CONCATENATE (
IF ( month ( Dim_Date[Date] ) < 10, "0", "" ),
month ( Dim_Date[Date] )
)

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@MEEnergy,

Do you create slicer or page level filter using the YrMnth column? How do you set value in the filter you refer to? If you want to show current month data on all visuals, you can create a current month column and create a slicer using the column, then pin live page to dashboard.

Regards,
Lydia

MEEnergy
Frequent Visitor

Did you see my previous comment?  It is a filter on that page.  So it is a slicer.  I am aware of how they work.  My original question that I am looking to get an answer for is why does the data in the Tiles not change when this filter is changed to another month. 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@MEEnergy,

When you change month from august to September in the slicer, only the report page will be affected. It is not possible to make the dashboard tiles automatically change.

As my previous reply, you can create a current month calculated column and create a slicer using the column, then pin live page to dashboard. Or you can drag the current month calculated column to page level filter, then pin all the visuals  to dashboard.

Regards,
Lydia