Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dashboard Tiles Not Refreshing

Dashboard tiles have not been refreshing automatically since Thursday or Friday of last week. I have had to go in a manually click the 'Refresh Dashboard Tiles' option in order to pull in new data. The underlying reports are updated, but the dashboards aren't. I am using the data gateway with a connection to an on premise SSAS tabular model. 

Anyone else having this issue? Also, this made me think of another question. If I am the dashboard owner, and I click the 'Refresh Dashboard Tiles' option, does that update the dashboard for everyone I have shared it with? Or is this a user by user refresh?

Thanks!

Collin

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @cproloff,

There is already an existing issue reported internally to Power BI Team: CRI 27034767. I will update here once I get any information.

If the dashboard already refreshed by the owner, the dashboard will display updated data when any users access this dashboard.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

ansalaz
Employee

In my case the dashboard tiles do not update even if I manually click the 'Refresh Dashboard Tiles' option of the dashboard. Could you please advice on how to troubleshoot this? Thanks!

Wilsonf
Frequent Visitor

I have experiencing the same issue. 

My fix was to use a auto-refresher to reload the page in time intervals.

However, It is not a proper solution, and I can't keep the dashboards in fullscreen mode.

Please let me know of any progress with this issue.

Thanks

robertoz
Advocate I

Hii,

I have the same issue like ansalaz, My  dashboard tiles do not update even if I manually click the 'RefreshDashboard Tiles' option of the dashboard. Could you please advice on how to troubleshoot this? Thanks!

Wilsonf
Frequent Visitor

Hi @robertoz,

My fix was to install an auto-refresher extension in my browser, and let it refresh by reloading the page.

It will come off fullscreen mode but it does work.

Thanks

robertoz
Advocate I

thanks, I will try it.

R.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have a dashboard connected via DirecQuery to a Azure sql server and the tiles won't refresh unless the button 'Refresh Dashboard Tiles' is pressed. Even refreshing the webpage (F5) doesn't refresh tiles.

Is this an expected behavior or an issue? 

Cheers,

Anton

proximuske

@v-qiuyu-msft any updates on the fix?

cproloff
Frequent Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft I am also waiting on an update. I have an open service ticket but still no resolution for this problem. 

fourxace
Advocate I

Any updates on when to expect a fix for this problem?