Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dashboard Tile Width - Showing grey backgrounds

Hi,

Are there specific tile widths / ratios which need to be used when using dashboard tile images? Seen one post implying 4:3 but this doesn't make sense if you've got a solid background. See attached for example image. The uploaded image looks fine within PBI service - and the background properly shows as white - however when you publish an app to iOS containing the dashboard tile, the tile always shows with a small white border, with the background of the dashboard always grey. Note my dashboard background is white, and I've tried varying levels of opacity to get around this, without luck.

tile example image

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@jkay27,

Do you directly add image tile in Power  BI Dashboard? Could you please post screenshots about dashboard tile in Power BI Service and in IOS app?

Do you apply theme for your dashboard? And what is the result if you choose "Phone view" for the dashboard in Power BI Service?
Capture.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

jkay27
Helper I

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

Yes directly added the image in the PBI dashboard. Yes a theme is applied but only to set the background colour as white (JSON below). Links to iOS / service views below too.

Thanks

iOS view

service view

{"name":"10da16b00e251e3eddb3","foreground":"#000000","background":"#FFFFFF","dataColors":["#01B8AA","#374649","#FD625E","#F2C80F","#5F6B6D","#8AD4EB","#FE9666","#A66999"],"tiles":{"background":"#FFFFFF","color":"#000000"},"visualStyles":{"*":{"*":{"*":[{"color":{"solid":{"color":"#000000"}}}]}}},"backgroundImage":null}

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@jkay27,

I got response from PG: "Currently background image or background color of dashboard isn't supported on mobile, see below doc https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/mobile-whats-new-in-the-mobile-apps."

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered