Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dashboard Losing Datasets and not refreshing

Hello,

I am currently having two major issues with my Power BI. Currently, I am using a microcontroller to upload sensor data to my OneDrive account in the form of a .csv file. The .csv files are updated every 5 minutes with the latest reading, and at midnight, they are saved to a different folder in my OneDrive with a timestamp, and the contents of the original .csv file are replaced with the newest reading at midnight.

For clarity's sake: temp.csv is updated every 5 minutes in the folder "current data". At 11:55pm, temp.csv will have 288 rows of the following format: "MM/DD/YYYY Hr:Min:Sec, Sensor Location, Unit, #####". At 11:59pm, temp.csv is saved into "archive data" with the timestamp, i.e. "8.16.2018.temp.csv". Then, at 0:00, temp.csv contains 1 row of the previous format, with the newest sensor reading.

My two issues with Power BI are:

1) I have a dashboard to show the "temp.csv" file, as well as the other data files, that is supposed to update hourly as per the "pin a live report" button in the dashboard. It does not update hourly, or even daily.

2) At midnight, I will sometimes lose connection to the dataset. I get the following report:

Activity ID   30566b80-62c9-4cbd-9485-d9fce04dc05b

Request ID   469c45f2-038b-a8bc-dee3-da15e3784ea8
Correlation ID    c601ad2b-fdd6-a139-fea2-d730eb872e57
Time   Thu Aug 16 2018 09:10:53 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
Version   13.0.6289.161

Essentially, I need to know why my dashboard doesn't update hourly like it says it will, and why I lose connection to my dataset when the file still exists under the same name in the same format at the same location. I want to be able to show the day's readings and have a live data up to the soonest possible instance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Comments
dmquinn

The emoji should read as ": Sec" without spaces.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @dmquinn,

I don'r find detail error message from internal trace. I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into your real environment. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered