Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dashboard Access Issue

Hello,

Users are reporting that they cannot access the dashboards that have been shared with them. When I (the author) check the permissions for each dashboard, I realize all users have disapeared from the Access list. What gives?

Urgent resolution needed please Cat Sad!

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

What error message do the users get? Please check if you hit the known issue in Power BI support site.

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

dashboard error 9.24.18.JPG

This is the end user error message when trying to access a dashboard that was shared with them. The user went into the recent section and clicked to access the dashboard and the pictured error message displayed. Upon clicking okay, the user was sent to their workspace and the dashboard was then removed from their recent section. As the author, I never removed access to the dashboard from this end user.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my side. Is there any possibility that other person who have edit permission on the report remove the access accidentally?

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft 

There are no other users who have edit permissions to those dashboards. We are a small company utilizing my workspace to distribute dashboards. I am the only user who would have been able to remove access to the 50+ end users and I did not remove any access. Could this be related to the updates for commenting on dashboards? I understand there is no outcry in the community so I assume this is an isolated incident. We will be moving to workspaces as our production environment for distributing content in Power BI's Service in the near future in hopes this will protect our environment.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

I would recommend you open a ticket in Power BI support site.

Support Ticket.gif
Regards,
Lydia