Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Daily changing pivot table, dashboard error

I have this data: Where I have found workaround but need permanant solution.

Original Data - from Oracle db which pulls last 4 days of data
Column 1Count (IDs)Date   
A5622-Apr   
B78922-Apr   
C231222-Apr   
D322122-Apr   
A 23-Apr   
B345423-Apr   
C23123-Apr   
D323223-Apr   
A485624-Apr   
B23224-Apr   
C35324-Apr   
D125424-Apr   
A 25-Apr   
B213425-Apr   
C34225-Apr   
D35425-Apr   

I have used pivot table function to get below table: After pivot I have manually selected all dates as my columns.

This is expected output.

Output    
Column 122-Apr23-Apr24-Apr25-Apr
A56 4856 
B78934542322134
C2312231353342
D322132321254354

But when I refresh data next day, dashboard will be broken, since I am manually selecting days to display last 4 days of data in Power BI.

Can you help me achieve this without manually adding dates everyday?

Thank you in advance.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @c5966

>> But when I refresh data next day, dashboard will be broken, since I am manually selecting days to display last 4 days of data in Power BI.

Would you please clarify how the dashboard is broken after refreshing? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

c5966
Helper I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft , Please see below explanation. Thank you for your help with this issue.

Step 1: Pull last 5 days of data from Oracle db

Screenshot: Original data.Original data from last 5 days (Oracle db)Original data from last 5 days (Oracle db)

Step 2: Pivot data with column as date now

Using Transform - Pivot column functionUsing Transform - Pivot column function

Step 3: Dashboard with pivot table

Expected dashboard - 24th April (Dashboard Creation date)Expected dashboard - 24th April (Dashboard Creation date)

Step 4: Dashboard is broken, due to 20th April column missing in the dashboard (since it pulls last 5 days of data)

Broken dashboard, 25th April not selected for dashboardBroken dashboard, 25th April not selected for dashboard

Question?:

Is there a way I can get last 5 days of data with Date as column without manual intervention?

End goal: Email this dashboard as status update to eveyone in my team daily with last 5 days of data. (Dashboard same as expected dashboard screenshot - step 3)

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @c5966

I would suggest you delete the Pivoted Column step in Query Editor, then apply the change. Go to Report tab, add a matrix visual, put the CREATE_DATE column in the Columns bucket. In Visual Level Filter, set a filter condition like below: 

q4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

c5966
Helper I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

Thank you so much for your help with my dashboard.

I tried this Matrix table and everything is working fine. except one condition when I am trying to add a column from other source. I can merge the data, but I am not able to see any null data THOUGH I have selected "Show items with no data"

Data without NULLData without NULL

Can you help me get NULL data as well?

Appreciate your help.

Thank you

c5966
Helper I

I was able to see NULL values earlier with same tables with the pivot function and TABLE graph.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @c5966

It's hard to provide further help without looking into the issue on your side. I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu