Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_TimeoutError

Hello,

Since past week i am been facing this error:

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_TimeoutError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_TimeoutError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: [table name].
Cluster URI: WABI-BRAZIL-SOUTH-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 34b96fa6-fc68-4e5a-9c49-92e8459864d6
Request ID: bfff473b-fdc6-7742-ff8e-eaad01521a26
Time: 2023-01-26 19:58:05Z

I am using a gateway to Athena Data Lake, tables with large number of rows (2kk and beyond) are getting this error, and when using a gateway to SQL Server i do not have this error.

Already tried to reinstall gateways, install gateways in differents desktops, reinstall ODBC drivers in all those machines.

Something to highlight, when updating data via PBI Desktop it is noticed that tables from Athena Data Lake upload 10k rows / min, or 100k rows/ 7~10 min, as i said, this started to occur since past week.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Hi  @Tanaka , 

This is acknowledged as an issue. We have reported the issue and submitted it to the internal icm platform. Engineers will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update you here if there is any progress , please be patient.  

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi  @Tanaka , 

This is acknowledged as an issue. We have reported the issue and submitted it to the internal icm platform. Engineers will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update you here if there is any progress , please be patient.  

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

info-autocat

I've been getting the same error since mid-January. It used to happen 1-2 times a day (my data is updated 8 times a day). But since 02/04/2023, updates have ceased to take place at all.

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_TimeoutError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_TimeoutError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: [table name]

Cluster URI: WABI-AUSTRALIA-EAST-B-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:233859e2-1c3f-4cc6-be85-bcfdd16ab969
Activity ID:3a73f793-7741-4275-b308-3b7f482e5ebc
Time:2023-02-04 06:31:32Z

I am using connection to PostgreSQL with 30 minutes timeout setting (it take 10-15 minutes to load data from all tables locally). Normal data refresh on Power BI service also takes about 15 minutes.