Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DIALOG 3000S and plug-in Adaptive Service Enterprise

Hi everybody,

can you help me please? We would like to connect to database from DIALOG 3000S. We used OLE DB.

When I wan to Get Data and choose OLE DB, set IP adress, username and password. It sometimes shows me list of databases, tables but it oftes shows error:

DataSource.Changed: OLE DB: The data source appears to have been modified since it was last accessed. Refreshing may resolve this error.
Details:
    DataSourceKind=OleDb
    DataSourcePath=data source=IPadresa : port;provider=ASEOLEDB.1

Can you help me with it? Do you know what´s that mean?

Thank you for your help, Marie

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Are you able to connect to the same database use the same IP address on DIALOG 3000S client? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

sorry, can you delete the IP adress in your answer? Thank you.

I am able to connect to a lot of tables, but some of them are not accessible. Is this helpfull for you?

Marie

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Does these issues tables can be accessed on DIALOG 3000S client instead of Power BI desktop? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

tables can be accessed using System Central.

It is really complicated. We are getting data using OLE DB. It works sometimes. I can refresh my report twice or more time, but after several attempts it returns an error. I can try to attach them.

Could it be trouble with Visual Studio or with SQL Server? This database use Sybase plug-in Adaptive Service Enterprise.

Do you know how to connect to database using ODBC driver? I can´t find right driver for Sybase Adaptive Service Enterprise. Can you send me any link for download?

We found that the problems which are visible in Event log, comes from SQL Server. So we uninstall it. I will try it now.

Have you ever seen this type of errors?

Thank you for your help,

Marie

COM componentsCOM componentsCOM componentsCOM componentsEvent log - msmdsrvi.rllEvent log - msmdsrvi.rll