Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DAX Measure Intellisense - redundant extra closing square bracket when replacing text with a Measure

When using Power BI Desktop to edit a DAX formula for a Measure, it's common to specify an existing measure. Taking advantage of the intellisense feature, you select some existing text (e.g. a SUM function you want to replace with a Measure reference) and type a left-square-bracket [, then a partial Measure name, then press tab to complete the entry.

Syntax error - you get an extra closing-square-bracket ] at the end. Huh? I didnt type that!

The issue appears to be that as soon as you select text and type the left-square-bracket, it automatically adds a right-square-bracket at the end of the selection.  You usually dont notice this as your eye is naturally on the start of your selection where your cursor is.

Please stop intellisense from silently adding that closing right-square-bracket - it causes more problems than it's worth.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mike_honey

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 134050868. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mike_honey

Have a fix in review, will be part of the October release of Desktop.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

mike_honey
Memorable Member

Heart

v-diye-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

The issue has been fixed as informed. please kindly check.

Best Regards,
Dina Ye